Looking to make a change in your career?
Countrywide Tax and Trust Corporation are recruiting our next star Paraplanner.
If you want to work for a company that’s not afraid to stand out from the crowd, then being a part of the Countrywide Group is for you.
Having now been established for nearly 20 years, we have just moved our group of companies specialising in all aspects of private client work to new, larger premises in Leamington Spa due to continued growth.
Our Trust Corporation, therefore, requires a Paraplanner.
- To work as a Paraplanner undertaking a structured training program of academic study and vocational practice in order to gain the skills and knowledge required to support the practice requirements of a dynamic and developing department.
- To work with the Administrators and assist with their professional development and provide support to the IFAs on a day to day basis.
- To progress towards preparing suitability letters and reports for approval in line with company policy and prepare associated accompanying documentation as required.
- Manage client queries and meet client expectations for opportunities identified as part of annual reviews or initial client meetings.
- Commence Level 4 Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning with potential to work towards Chartered status.
- Develop an understanding of pensions, investments, protection & corporate schemes.
- Develop a full understanding of the Financial Services regulatory framework, and the ethics & principles of the advice process.
- Conduct research & analysis to support client financial plans and suitability reports.
- Gather information to assess client arrangements & needs & formulate recommendations.
- Obtain information, quotes, illustrations & product details to support comparison & analysis.
- Assist in the preparation of tax calculations where necessary.
- Deal with letters of authority, withdrawals, valuations, and business packaging
- Comply with internal and external Service Level Agreements
- Attend client meetings and promote the company’s services in a professional & FCA compliant manner.
- Deal effectively with enquiries from clients and third parties.
- Report any customer service issues or complaints to the Practice Manager.
- Already attained or working towards level 4 Diploma in financial planning or industry equivalent.
- Experience as an IFA Administrator looking to move into a paraplanning role.
- Administrative skills, you should be familiar with all aspects of general office duties and admin.
- You should be PC literate – you will require a thorough working knowledge of using MS Outlook/Word and a basic level of MS Excel.
- Excellent communications skills, a high standard or written English is required in order to respond to enquiries.
- You will be dealing with often complex tax calculations, so a suitable standard of Maths is desirable.
- You must have the ability to learn quickly and be a team player.
- You must be professional and have excellent attention to detail.
- You will need to be conscientious and self-motivated.
- You will be a good communicator, confident on the phone and the written word.
- Competent with diary management.
- Good inter-personal skills and our understanding manner (many of our clients fall into a vulnerable person’s classification).
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Company pension
- Regular appraisals
- Paid holiday (including bank holidays). 25 days holidays and this increases after two years service by one day and then a further day each year to a maximum of 28 days. An additional days holiday is awarded along with a cash bonus on completion of 10 years continuous service
- Your own (and your partners) Will(s) and full estate planning free of charge and a discount on the cost of any planning for your immediate family is available
- Paid overtime (if applicable)
- Flexible working
- Staff activities
- Professional qualifications (industry specific including CILEx and STEP) – fully funded and study/examination leave plus a bonus on qualifying
- Continuous Professional Development – the cost of courses and seminars will be met by the company and paid leave granted to attend these in order to meet your CPD requirements
This is an office-based role, Monday – Friday 9-5PM