Private Client Advisor
Looking to make a change in your career?
Countrywide Tax and Trust Corporation are recruiting our next star Private Client Adviser.
Having now been established for nearly 20 years, we have just moved our group of companies specialising in all aspects of private client work to new, larger premises in Leamington Spa due to continued growth.
We are looking for Legal, Financial, Tax & Trust Technical Advisers to join a small team of advisors. This is a new role that is being developed to support and work towards providing advice to High Net Worth clients. Our clients generally have larger and more complex estates and business interests and need advice across professional disciplines.
Primarily you will be providing support and preparing reports whilst you learn the complexities of the different advice areas available, but short term development will enable you to become an adviser to deal with the clients directly or a highly qualified technical adviser supporting others.
There is the opportunity to work towards becoming a fully qualified IFA Trust and Estate Practitioner if desired and support will be provided so that this can be achieved.
Within our group, we have Financial Advisers, Solicitors and Accountancy firms providing opportunities depending on abilities and preference for roles.
It is important that any member of the team has the ability to build a rapport with individuals, given that the mainstay of the role will be dealing directly with either fellow professionals, their clients and/or our own.
There will be generous incentive and remuneration in place when you begin to advise clients directly or support advisers in their job where your support can be recognised.
The opportunities are endless for the right candidates who can commit to our expected standards of service to our clients and colleagues.
- Providing technical support to the team in relation to Taxation and Trust related matters.
- Working towards becoming a specialist in areas which will be decided and developed over time depending on interest and knowledge.
- Dealing with corporate structures, transferring properties into limited company and planning around tax-efficient income planning for company shareholders.
- Develop an understanding of complex pension arrangements in the UK and overseas which can be advised upon by the individual if they undertake the Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning or you provide support for those that have.
- Considering the implications of transferring assets in and out and management of trusts.
- Planning for IHT, CGT and income tax mitigation, drafting Wills, Trusts and Estate Administration.
- Chairing trustees’ meetings in order to identify the beneficiaries needs and objectives and new business opportunities.
- All manners of trust administration/taxation.
- Assisting with the drafting of more complex documentation.
- Dealing with technical queries from both external partners and our in-house Processing, Conveyancing, Trust Management, Technical Help, Taxation and Administration teams requiring support and assistance in relation to HNW enquiries.
- Providing full estate planning advice to clients dealing with general leads which come into the team, not necessarily just HNW enquiries.
- Providing advice on existing Wills, Trusts and other estate planning documentation.
- Preparing advice and proposals for estate planning and for clients and our partners introducing their clients to our services.
- Assisting with the internal training of staff.
- A solicitor/barrister/CILEX with private client experience or a demonstrable interest in the area.
- An accountant with experience or demonstrable interest in the private client field.
- An IFA or paraplanner looking to move in an advisory role.
- Someone with other equivalent experience in the private client field.
Desirable or working towards any of the following:
- Full member of the Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners.
- Diploma in regulated financial planning.
- ACCA or ACA qualified.
- Administrative skills, you should be familiar with all aspects of general office duties and admin.
- You should be PC literate – you will require a thorough working knowledge of using MS Outlook/Word and a basic level of MS Excel.
- Excellent communications skills, a high standard or written English is required in order to respond to enquiries.
- You will be dealing with often complex tax calculations, so a suitable standard of Maths is desirable.
- You must have the ability to learn quickly and be a team player.
- You must be professional and have excellent attention to detail.
- You will need to be conscientious and self-motivated.
- You will be a good communicator, confident on the phone and the written word.
- Competent with diary management.
- Good inter-personal skills and our understanding manner (many of our clients fall into a vulnerable person’s classification)
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Company pension
- Regular appraisals
- Paid holiday (including bank holidays). 25 days holidays and this increases after two years service by one day and then a further day each year to a maximum of 28 days. An additional days holiday is awarded along with a cash bonus on completion of 10 years continuous service
- Your own (and your partners) Will(s) and full estate planning free of charge and a discount on the cost of any planning for your immediate family is available
- Paid overtime (if applicable)
- Flexible working
- Staff activities
- Professional qualifications (industry-specific including CILEx and STEP) – fully funded and study/examination leave plus a bonus on qualifying
- Continuous Professional Development – the cost of courses and seminars will be met by the company and paid leave granted to attend these in order to meet your CPD requirements
This is an office-based role, Monday – Friday 9-5PM