Technical Help Advisor – Estate planning IFA.
Looking to make a change in your career? Countrywide Tax and Trust Corporation are recruiting our next star Technical Help Advisor.
If you want to work for a company that’s not afraid to stand out from the crowd, then being a part of the Countrywide Group is for you.
Having now been established for nearly 20 years, we have just moved our group of companies specialising in all aspects of private client work to new, larger premises in Leamington Spa due to continued growth.
Our Trust Corporation therefore requires a Technical Help Advisor to provide support to our network of Estate Planning Consultants based throughout the UK, and our own in-house Legal services staff of 80 people.
You will also have some exposure to the development of new products and systems, and providing training for in house staff and external partners.
We have worked hard to develop our product range and strategies, which are recognized as industry-leading across the sector, and we are constantly driving to innovate further. We want everyone to have access to the best advice when making decisions around protecting their wealth and providing for those they care about.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity for someone looking for a varied career in a growing team alongside experienced private client practitioners you can continue to learn from and develop alongside.
This is a full-time position, Monday to Friday 9 to 5 however, we would be able to offer some flexibility within these parameters for the right candidate.
- Providing technical support to the team administering estates;
- Advice around the implications of buying and selling trust and estate properties;
- Considering the implications of transferring trust assets in and out of trusts;
- chairing trustees’ meetings
- All manner of trust administration, including trust tax returns, with the support of another team
- Assisting with the drafting of more complex documentation such as Deeds of Variation and Cross Option Agreements
- dealing with Technical Queries from both external partners and our in house Processing, Conveyancing, Live Trust and Admin teams requiring support and assistance
- Providing full Estate Planning Advice to advisers and on occasion, clients
- Providing advice on Existing Wills
- Report writing
- Ensuring that all marketing materials are up to date and current
- Assisting with the internal training of staff
Full training will be provided.
- A solicitor/barrister/CILEx with private client experience or a demonstrable interest in the area (applications from NQs welcomed)
- An Accountant with experience or a demonstrable interest in the private client field
- An IFA or paraplanner looking to move in house into a technical role rather than being ‘client facing’
- A Trust Manager
- Someone with other equivalent experience in the private client world (qualifications aren’t as important to us as your experience and attitude are).
What we Offer
- Competitive salary
- Company pension
- Regular appraisals
- Paid holiday (including bank holidays). 25 days holidays and this increases after two years service by one day and then a further day each year to a maximum of 28 days. An additional days holiday is awarded along with a cash bonus on completion of 10 years continuous service
- Your own (and your partners) Will(s) and full estate planning free of charge and a discount on the cost of any planning for your immediate family is available
- Paid overtime (if applicable)
- Flexible working
- Staff activities
- Professional qualifications (industry specific including CILEx and STEP) – fully funded and study/examination leave plus a bonus on qualifying
- Continuous Professional Development – the cost of courses and seminars will be met by the company and paid leave granted to attend these in order to meet your CPD requirements